Sunday 5 February 2012

Rachel Drewer Millinery


                   Rachel Drewer Millinery


Ethereal.
Image - Angela Ward Brown

Couture hats and headpieces for brides, mothers of brides, and wedding guests

"To Rachel, hats are more than just accessories – they are a means to inspire self-expression, confidence and fun"


Hampshire Society

 It was while sitting at my desk in a high rise office in London that I decided to do something different with my life.  It took me a while to work it out, but it was one morning after attending a dear friend’s wedding that it hit me: I wanted to be a milliner.  I craved the opportunity to express my creativity, and to work with real people instead of companies and suits.  And so my story began.   

Taking the plunge, and leaving behind my corporate job and salary, I trained with some of London’s finest milliners.  I worked in a boutique that counts Kate and Pippa Middleton among its clients, and studied under a former milliner to Chanel.

I now design and handmake hats under my own label, Rachel Drewer Millinery, offering a highly professional and personalised service to brides, mothers of brides, and wedding guests.  I can create a bespoke piece designed just for you to perfectly complement your special outfit, and I also offer pieces ready-to-wear for last minute ladies.  I can dye colours to match, and offer expert advice on what is appropriate for your occasion.

Allure
Image - Ina Haslor

 I love working closely with my clients, and getting to know them so I can create the best possible hat.  One recent client loved her hat so much she gave me a great big hug when I showed her the finished piece!  This is why I do what I do.

Based in rural North Hampshire, I offer flexible appointments to suit you at my studio, and can also visit you at home or elsewhere.  You should allow a minimum of 4 weeks for your bespoke piece to be created as all work is hand made to order.

Cadenza
Image - Angela Ward Brown

 New for 2012, I have teamed up with professional make-up artist Victoria Brown to offer hen parties with a difference!  Victoria trained at the Jemma Kidd Make-up Academy in London, and now runs her own make-up masterclass business Beauty Attitudes.  For a morning or afternoon, Victoria and I will entertain your hens at your venue by teaching them fun new techniques, and you will come away with professional make-up know how and your own bespoke headpiece made by you – perfect for your friend’s wedding!


I’m so looking forward to sharing my work with you at The Dorset Vintage Wedding Fair, where I will have a range of hats and headpieces for you to see and try.  Feel free to bring me your millinery dreams and dilemmas, and I will be delighted to assist.


No comments:

Post a Comment